Thursday, August 15, 2013

Non-Fiction News Review & the BIG SALE!!

I recently participated in a product swap and I was so lucky to get matched up with Cecelia Magro! She has an awesome store on TpT full of 145 awesome products. The item I got to review is called Non-Fiction News: Common Core Reading and Writing K-2 Farm Edition. Here is what it looks like...


This is a wonderful, Common Core aligned packet for primary grades. It includes non-fiction passages about various farm animals in both easy and harder versions for differentiation. One of my favorite features of this pack is the abundance of text features used in the reading passages and a workbook to go with them. I know my students can use all the practice they can get using text features!

To go along with the passages are tons of activities and resources. There are graphic organizers and guided response sheets, 10 day (TEN DAYS!) of lesson plans for writer's workshop, posters, and center activities. 

After reading and learning about farm animals, your students will be able to research and write about animals, all while meeting Common Core ELA Standards, which Mrs. Magro has conveniently included in this pack. 

I love that the activities include photos of real animals along with the cute clip art. Another bonus is the clear, easy-to-read font. I am super excited to use this pack with my second graders! Oh wait, you don't teach second grade? That's okay! The activities are differentiated, so you'll find things to use with your kinders and firsties too. So go check out Mrs. Magro's store where I know you'll find some great things! Don't forget to check out her blogs, too. She has one called I Love 1st Grade and another called Mrs. Magro's First Grade. What a busy teacher she is!

Now in other news, it's what we've all been waiting for... the big Back to School Sale on TpT!! I am so ready to start shopping! Most sellers (myself included) are offering up to 20% off of everything in their stores and you can save even more when you use code BTS13 at checkout. The sale runs all day Sunday and Monday, so you have plenty of time to fill up your wishlist. Happy shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment